We are looking for talent to fill our Coach and Gamechanger Intern positions! Please send your resume and any questions to our Program Director, Michael Prothe, at [email protected]
Game Changer Intern
Job Description: The Game Changers Intern is responsible for assisting in development of the hands on, fun, and life-enhancing programs that we deliver to the youth in the community. The intern is also responsible for assisting with general operations that help to grow the organization.
Programming Duties and Responsibilities:
- Maintain a professional and cordial attitude towards co-workers, volunteers, participants and participants’ parents.
- Maintain consistent and regular attendance.
- Convey the Chapter’s brand image to the public.
- Assist Program Director with the development of new procedures and programs to improve student retention, including recognition and longevity awards.
- Assist with orientations for participants, parents and volunteers.
- Participate in regular parent meetings and clinics.
- Make the game fun for youth participants.
- Provide a safe environment in all areas.
- Adhere to the standards of The First Tee Code of Conduct.
- Be charismatic, personable, and motivational in working with youth.
- Assist Program Director in representing the Chapter to the community and aid in fundraising, marketing, public relations and communication efforts.
- Manage the practice facility during public usage hours.
- Perform other programming duties as assigned.
Operations Duties and Responsibilities:
- Assist the Operations Director with various tasks related to the operations side of the business that include, but are not limited to, Marketing, Finance, Human Resources, and Strategic Planning.
- Perform duties as assigned.
- Operate standard and specialized office equipment.
- Answer phones and assist callers with questions.
- Assist walk-ins with questions, club donations and facility tours.
- Assist with public usage practice hours.
- Facilitate meetings for chapter leadership.
Education and Experience Guidelines:
- Knowledge of the game of Golf, rules and etiquette.
- Graduation from an accredited high school or an equivalent certificate or diploma.
- Has a reliable form of transportation.
- Operate a personal computer, including spreadsheet and word processing programs, and learn specialized programs for The First Tee.
- Able to operate standard office equipment.
- Deal effectively and compassionately with the public under normal and confrontational circumstances.
*Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.*
First Tee Lake Erie Coach
Job Description: First Tee – Lake Erie Coaches are responsible for guiding and coaching young people throughout our various programs to become responsible future citizens and committed, active golfers. Coaches work to instill values of character, confidence, and collaboration in participants.
- Have some ongoing experience with the game of golf.
- Attend our First Tee Coach training.
- Coordinate with the Program Director and execute lesson plans provided by the Program Director each week.
- Lead golf classes for participants of ages 7+.
- Supervising volunteers involved with classes or events.
- Facilitate drop off and pick up of all participants from our programs.
- Answering questions from parents with a professional and cordial attitude.
- Ensure that all youth adhere to safety requirements and complete incident reports when necessary.
- Any supplies needed for coaching will be available when conducting programs at the Dattilo Family Youth Leadership Center. (This may include practice materials, participant golf sets, etc.) When delivering programs off site coaches will need to pick up and return equipment from the Dattilo Family Youth Leadership Center. Off site programs will also be given a backpack with additional supplies.
- Coaches will be provided with a First Tee – Lake Erie polo and hat or visor to be worn whenever coaching. Additional shirts may be provided to anyone coaching more than one class per week.
- Coaches will be evaluated each year to ensure that coaches are adhering to First Tee – Lake Erie coaching standards.
If you would like to be involved in a different capacity please visit one of the links below!